Monday, April 16, 2012

Busy, busy, busy...

0

What to say... well, just that, I've been busy!
 
Mostly thanks (or not?) to school: I've got term papers, lab reports, exams, and lecture notes coming out my ears. Three more weeks. Three more weeks!!
 
Needless to say, I've not been able to spend much time at the barn :( Oh well, guess it's alright, Cash has been a bit ouchy on the insanely hard ground for the past month, he's getting shoes on in a week, so that'll help a ton. He's not limping lame or anything, and walks out just fine, but at the trot you can tell he's hesitant to stride out for fear that he would step on a rock or something. Also, he lost a bit of weight in late Feb/early March so we are finally getting that back on him after a couple feed adjustments--you should SEE the small mountain of food this horse eats!!! He's a big boy, no doubt! I don't want to think about the number of calories I'm gonna havta give him when he's in full training for a horse trials, yikes!
 
Otherwise, the weather is warming up nicely, we are starting to get spring thunderstorms (happy happy happy am I!), and everything is in bloom and getting green. And of course, the ponies are shedding... and shedding, and shedding, and...
 
So, I'll leave you with a cute picture of Cash. Ishn't he adorabulz?
you has carrots... right?
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment