Sunday, July 7, 2013

Hi-Yo Silver!

2

With my Mom being in town for the 4th we decided to take a night and go see The Lone Ranger


Talk about a FUN movie!! I was not quite expecting the humor and punch lines scattered throughout the movie, but I enjoyed every minute of it. 

Aside from a few historical and factual errors (such as the women's clothing being more reminicient of late 1850s than late 1860s and that they were trying to say that the Transcontinental Railroad went through Texas) it was just a good ol' fun western movie.  And, Armie Hammer is pretty easy on the eyes ;)

And, can I just say that I am loving these new "modern" westerns? Movies such as this one along with "3:10 to Yuma", the remake of "True Grit", and TV mini-series shows such as "Broken Trail," "Into The West," and "The Hatfields & McCoys". Yep, I love it.

I swear, I was born in the wrong century....

Regardless, go see The Lone Ranger if you haven't yet!

2 comments:

But is Silver as cool as the original? haha

I used to watch the original Lone Ranger every morning waiting for the bus to go to school. I loved this movie. I loved the humor. I loved the irreverence, I LLOOVVEEDD Johnny Depp. I laughed so hard I made everyone around me laugh.

Post a Comment