Saturday, March 29, 2014

Cash has an appointment

2

This past week Cash has been a bit "off". Not in a lameness sense, but in a not-himself-at-all sense.

When I rode him a week ago, every time I put my leg on he would slam on the brakes, throw his head up with his ears pinned and give a little kick with his hind leg. Not like him at all. I still managed to get him to trot through use of the seat and voice because I was not about to let him get away with not obeying... You let this horse get away with anything and it's a training nightmare to try and fix.

Additionally he's been off his feed a bit lately. He's lost some weight but I think it's just his "beer belly". He's leaner for sure, but he has put on a little muscle which is good.

So, he is currently scheduled to have his stomach scoped this coming Thursday to be checked for ulcers. I will be very surprised if he doesn't.

Until then I'm just giving him a short vacation, no point in making him work if he's that uncomfortable.

Gives me time to get back into doing harness work with the ponies!

That said, this has been a test of the mobile blogging application. I hope it works alright.

Cheers!
Emily

2 comments:

Wow, definitely sounds like ulcers! Why don't you just try the medication and skip the scoping? From what I've heard scoping is often inconclusive anyway.... you could try aloe or alfalfa first, or just go for the gastro guard and see if it makes a difference. Good luck! I hope he feels betters soon.

Post a Comment