Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dental Visit

1

Mr Cash got his teeth floated yesterday.  There wasn't anything horrible, just some minor points, so we got that all taken care of and he's good to go for the next year.  He also got his mane pulled while he was off in la-la land dreaming of psychedelic rainbows and fluffy bunnies.

You are getting very sleepy...

Say ah!
Starting to perk back up, note the short hair?
 Notice the stud chain? The other day he was royally blowing off the rope halter, so I decided today I didn't want to fight it with him and put the stud chain on.  I haven't ever used it before.  He got a little ancy a few times when the vet was getting ready to poke him with needles, but wow did he ever listen to it.  Figures, it's probably the only way he was ever led on the track.  I have a gift card to a local tack store, I think I'm going to invest in a sturdy nylon halter and a good stud chain with a nice soft cotton lead.

I'm going to a wedding this weekend.  I'm really excited about it.  It will be good.  I went back to work today, I wasn't there long but I pretty much just hid in my corner and got caught up on things... didn't feel like facing the entire call floor, not yet. I like having a desk in the corner.  It's quiet. I am glad to be getting back into the routine of work and school... but doesn't erase the fact my husband isn't there.  Things are going well on the home front, we are making progress and moving forward (though these bank accounts are turning into a nightmare, the hoops they try and get you to jump through, and the fact that there isn't a will makes it ten times more complicated, I'm his wife for pete's sake, just sign over the account already! ugh.... I'm just not going to think about it for awhile, it's not like the money is going anywhere).  But, man I miss him.... I've gone through such a range of emotions, to the point of even questioning our love, but it's all fizzled down into an aching desire to see him again.  I miss him.  It's still so hard to grasp that he's not coming back.  I have those moments where you feel like he's so close, if you turn fast enough you'll see him--it's strange how overpowering that feeling can be at times.  Thankfully I have this little face to keep me grounded and focused and moving on. 
My little Angel and her spoon!

1 comments:

Cash looks great! I love a tidy mane.

:-/ Hugs to you about the rest. Your baby is adorable. Love that curious face.

Post a Comment