Monday, April 22, 2013

Go away winter!

2

I am so ready for summer to get here!

So we had a relatively dry and somewhat mild winter, and we were all starting to get nervous that we would plunge into a far more severe drought than last year.  But, old man winter has decided to finally open the heavens.  A week ago we got well over a foot of snow in 3 days, it just wouldn't stop snowing! While snow in April is not unusual, the volume of it this time was quite amazing!


My backyard on the first day of the storm...
I had twice as much by the end of it!
 As a result, with it quickly melting off, it has been a muddy muddy mess and I've just been too busy to get to the barn.  I stopped by briefly yesterday and Cash was just caked in mud, go figure.  Dirtiest horse I've ever owned. Today I was planning on riding him, or at least lunging him... BUT the weather man is calling for another winter storm with 6-8 inches of snow.  Seriously???  Go away winter!  There is already a very stiff and very cold wind blowing.

I picked up a new little rooster for my hens yesterday, he's so cute! He's the same age as the two Silver Laced Wyandotte pullets I had picked up last month so that's perfect.  He's a Blue Copper Maran.  He's quite shy at the moment but hopefully that will change with time.  The plan to get him nice and tame and friendly now so that he won't turn into a terror later.  I'm ok if he doesn't want to be handled, just as long as he doesn't get aggressive I'll be happy.  He's already all buddy buddy with the two little girls.  The big hens quickly put him in his place though, haha!

One of the Silver Laced Wyandottes

He is going to be so pretty when he gets older
So, that's all for now.  Just staying busy, the Spring semester is so close to being done! I'm taking a summer class starting May 20th... a 3 credit class in 4 weeks. That will be fun.

2 comments:

Those Chickens are really cute :)

We got high winds and you got the snow. You're welcome. ;)

Post a Comment