Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Thank you

1

Wow. Just wow, I don't know what to say.  All the comments and well wishes on my last post.  I kept getting email notifications on my phone and it was just one comment after another.  Thank you.

Things are starting to settle down, the less urgent things like bank accounts and whatnot are mostly what I have left to do.

Then I get to figure out what to do with the rest of my life.  The gravity of it all is starting to settle on me, the fact that life in a split instant was radically and permanently changed.  And it's overwhelming.  Trying to sort through emotions is a whole 'nother ball game... sorrow, guilt, confusion, pain... it hits me the hardest at night when I go to bed and he's not there beside me.

The hardest is dealing with the "why" .....

I went to the barn today to just be there for the first time since it happened.  I worked with Cash in the round pen, played beauty parlor a bit (man, he hates having his mane combed!), and just hung out with him.  It was relaxing.  My mom and I are going to take the two lesson horses out for a trail ride tomorrow.

Just one day at a time.

1 comments:

Hang in there. Lean on your support. :) Hugs to you.

Post a Comment