Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hi ho, it's off to work I go

3

Well, today was my first day back to work after a 12 week maternity leave.

I really can't say I missed it much... Everybody kept saying how excited they were to have me back, I couldn't exactly say the feeling was mutual! I would have much rather been home with my little cuddle bug.

Hanging out with the babysitter while I was at work

I've thoroughly enjoyed getting to be a stay at home mom, taking care of the baby, keeping the house clean, making dinner, and the best part: getting to go to the barn whenever I want.  Finding time to go play with the ponies is going to get tricky here.  But I think I'll be able to get in my four days a week. Where there is a will there is a way!

I didn't get to work with Cash like I had planned yesterday, I started working with the pony (Shadow) to do some ground driving with him, but the baby started really fussing and wouldn't be consoled so I decided I just wasn't going to get barn time in. Oh well, it happens, and baby totally gets first dibs on attention :)

Friday and Saturday are my days off, I definitely plan to make time for the barn. Well... as long as it isn't freezing cold. They are calling for a high of 25* and maybe snow on Saturday.  Which, by the way, is the Broncos' playoff game against the Baltimore Ravens!! I'm thinking it's going to be a good game. So, I've at least got entertainment if the weather turns out to be cruddy.  
Oh yeah - GO BRONCOS

3 comments:

Congrats on the baby! And boo going back to work :(

jealous of the mountains! And I'm a fellow Bronco fan, thanks to the boy :)

Post a Comment