Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Movies to see

3

Just because I'm so freakishly busy, I figured I'd jot down a few movies while I'm bored at work that I'd like to see in the near future, less I forget about them.

Les Miserables

 I've heard so many good things about this move. And with Hugh Jackman, Russel Crowe, and Anne Hathaway... yes please! Plus, I just love these historical drama/romance type movies (Pride & Prejudice is perhaps my all time favorite movie!)

Lincoln
 Note the historical trend? Not only is this movie getting rave reviews (and awards), it's about the Civil War.  So therefore, I must watch it.  Must.  The Civil War is my thing y'all.  Hopefully it won't be too historically inaccurate... or full of ill-costumed extras... trust me, I can pick out little things like if a horse is wearing the appropriate tack for the era.  Yeah, I've kinda spent a little, err... a lot of time researching such stuff.

Star Trek: Into Darkness
I cannot wait for this!! The first new Star Trek was AWESOME and another of my favorite movies.  This new generation of Star Trek has been so well re-invented, they have opened up just so many new opportunities to take the characters, it's fresh, it's new, it's invigorating.  Love it. Can't wait.

Iron Man 3
Marvel has been spitting out some amazing Super Hero movies as of late. The Avengers was simply phenomenal, and both Iron Man movies so far have been awesome.  I love Robert Downey Jr in this role, he fits it so so SO well.  I'm very much looking forward to see what is in store for this movie.

That's all off the top of my head, I haven't heard yet of any other movies that I'm like "Must. See." But these are my top four at the moment.

3 comments:

Saw Lincoln last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it! Though, yes, the speech was not entirely era appropriate - there were some contractions. But the story and acting were great!!

Post a Comment